Sunday, March 13, 2005

What do I want to be when I grow up?

Argh, the infernal question that burns my soul. One week I want to be a social worker standing up for womens rights and mental health issues. The next week I want to be a physical therapist and help people get back on their feet and have normal lives once again. This week I want to be a professional gardener and study horticulture and bring native plants back to their indigenous homes. But who knows if this new passion will actually stick? I have thought about this one before, about six months ago or so. Unfortunately, there are no programs in the Austin area. The closest one is at A&M and boy, wouldn't I get hell from my cousin who went to A&M and made fun of me when I was at UT. Not to mention from my father-in-law and uncle-in-law (is that actually a term? I don't know, but it makes sense to me). So, I have been doing some research online about what it would take to transfer into A&M and how I would work that out since I live and work here in Austin (as does my husband) and we don't want to move (we are almost done with the process of buying our first house).

So, where does this leave me?

Nowhere. Back at the start, just like always. I love Whole Foods, but I don't want to work there forever.

So, what do I want to be when I grow up? Who knows.

Michelle

1 Comments:

At 4:14 PM, Blogger Heather said...

Its interesting that we are pondering the same kinds of questions with the same blog template. I hope you stumble gracefully into your path, or realize that you are already on it! Good luck!
~Heather

 

Post a Comment

<< Home