Sunday, January 23, 2005

Oh Muse of Creativity and Crafts...please inspire me.

I have spent the past two hours - okay, maybe more - looking up all sort of sites: embroidery, patterns, cool handbags and etc...and I still can't come up with anything on my own. I think I just don't have the "craft" gene that Ginny, Alisha, Missy or any girlfriend I have who can whip up a t-shirt or picture frame in one day. I so want to be able though. O I can learn their art, I can copy it and reproduce it all I want...but to actually come up with something on my own...fuhgedaboutit.

In the meantime, I will take their fabulous ideas to heart and keep working on copies and ripoffs (I usually give people credit though) until my muse, when she wakes up or finally leaves happy hour, graces me with her stream of cool and unusual ideas. Maybe I should recite something to her, just in case (I just wish this wine was a wee bit better so the poem will actually be good...with that warning, I shall begin):

I sit at your table
I hold your sigils
The paintbrush, the hook,
scissorspapermoldsyarnneedlepins

I want my hands to flutterflypinchgathersmoothlayer

I long to mold
I long to create


OK, so how cheesy is that? But is it my fault that I have to drink this wine so slowly?

Cheers y'all,
Michelle


(PS I totally almost ripped off the beginning of that poem. It is copied after Neil Gaiman's "Sandman Series", an awesome graphic novel series. Oh my stars, I love it. Anyways, it is a series about one of the Endless (Destiny, Destruction, Death, Dream, Despair, Desire) and how they call each other is to stand in the hall and say something like "I stand in the hall, I hold your sigil." ....anyways, thought I should give credit where it is due. And to plug the series of course. It is absolutely beautiful and intellectual"

1 Comments:

At 1:17 AM, Blogger Anna Louise said...

I want to thank you for your comment. I think I needed to hear that. As for crafting-- I find that if I just sit with the materials in front of me, I can find some way to put them together. So maybe if you decide what you want to make and gather up some stuff you'd like to use, the heavens will open and an idea will strike.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home