Thursday, February 24, 2005

Navigating and proving Cingular wrong

Greeting my dear readers,


With each passing week without a car (my husband uses the car to get to his work, his car runs but not very well) I learn more and more about the bus routes of Austin. Also, I learn more and more about the people of Austin. I see the people that society would deem poor, crazy or unfit. I see young mothers shushing babies, old men shouting Shakespeare, and wannabe thugs trying to catch a few moments of sleep. What is it about owning a car in this country? Why is it if you don't have a car, people gasp or say they worry about you? What kind of social signal does it send to the outside world? Well, to me it sends one of poverty. Those I see in their idling cars at stoplights next to the bus stop, they pinch their faces as if digusted or they try to ignore the pack of people standing not three feet away from them. I want to tap on their windows and say something to them. Something prideful, something witty or just ask for a smile. After all, aren't I the one playing a part in helping the environment?

Anyways, I have digressed. I have lots to do today. I am putting together everything the mortgage company needs with the loan application. I am also sending in a proof of payment to Cingular as they think we didn't pay last month and have already disconnected our phone once.

Much to do and I need to make haste and just do it. Kinko's or Bust!

Ciao tutti,
Michelle

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home