Sunday, March 06, 2005

Fast times in Austin

Hello dear friends,

Wow, it has been an interesting couple of weeks. Let's see: we are in the process of buying our house and trying to find the money to fix it up as well, the new Whole Foods opened downtown therefore generating some madness in our store, I am in the process of possibly transferring down to the produce department in the downtown store, going to school and trying to embroider, crochet, sew, etc...

So...deep breath in and deep breath out...and I am fine. Chris is fine. We are fine. Wonderful. Spring Break is coming up and I took a couple of days off from work so we can have time together. Yay!

Update on house info:
We are sending off the mortgage application tomorrow so we can still proceed with the closing date of the 14th. Our realtor tells us that we are getting a good deal, and I trust her word so that is good. We might be able to move in and close without paying anything, which is awesome!

Update on transferring stores: Well, this is a relatively new event, although I have been thinking about it for a while. I have been itching to go into the produce department, but I think working at the downtown store would work better for me. I could actually ride my bike the whole way and only take half an hour as opposed to riding my bike to a bus stop to take into work taking an hour and half of my time (No way! you say. Yes, sad but true). Also, this store is amazing. Busy as hell but amazing. And I think I would really really enjoy working in produce. Think about it: I have been into gardening since I was around 13 or so, I am a vegetarian and I could learn so much about how to prepare, grow and name all kinds of produce. Oh, I get excited just thinking about it. So please direct all your good thoughts and prayers over this way and that everything works out.

Update on school: School is good. I am going, which is a start. I am making A's which is good. And it is easy which is great! So yay!

Update on craft projects: This can be a long story. I will summarize: Our church is looking at a space to be used for community outreach and services in north Hyde Park. The only problem is we are not a self-sufficient church as we are very young (only 2 years old) and most of the congregation is in college (hence, no money). So, in order to pay rent for this wonderful space that would expand our services and community, we need to donate a part of the store to retail. Which brings the topic round to me. If our church did this, I would sell skirts, scarves, soaps, embroidered bags and clothes, etc...in the store. Which I don't care about the profit really, I just want enough to be able to buy the materials. BUT, this is a huge thing. If someone had told me two years ago that I would be selling crafts that I make, then I would have laughed. But to be given this opportunity is a huge deal for me. So, I have been practicing. I am in the process of making a skirt which in my mind looks really cute. We shall see how it turns out since I haven't made a costume on my own since 2000. And I am not saying that people will actually buy my stuff, but it is still encouraging.

Update on my mental health: Sunny skies, some chance of cloud cover. No humidity.

Well, that is all for now. I tire of typing. Ciao amici! Adios amigos!

Michelle

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home