Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Lent, lots of prayers and lacking energy

Salutations.

I am tired and today promises to be a long day. Alas.

I will survive. As long as I know how to love, I know I'll stay alive.

Great words to live by, even when you are not singing about your ex who is stalking you. Sometimes love is how I get through the day. I try to think of those I love, those loved by people who come through my line, and why we all need it.

Work has been hard for me lately. I am so tired of dealing with 200+ people a day. It is the same thing over and over again. Let's review:

Me: "Hi, did you find everything you were looking for today?

Them: "Yes, and them some! Ha ha!"

Me: " Yes, that does seem to happen quite often. Will you be wanting paper of plastic today?

Them: (if they are not on their cell phone and actually listening) Paper, I like to take them home for my recycling, plus they have handles! (As if I didn't know that and also I don't care what they are using the bags for, just tell me what you want to put your damn groceries into!!)

Me: Your total is ____

Them: How much! Geez, how much were those blueberries!!! Take them off. Geez, no wonder why people call this place "whole paycheck". Ha ha! (First, the blueberries at this time of year are NOT IN SEASON and also ORGANIC meaning it is twice as hard to grow them out of season without using pesticides or plant food. Geez. Second, did you not look at the price before you blindly threw them in your basket! Come on people)

Them again: I am kind of in a hurry. (See second comment above. Look before you put into the basket, and saving two seconds at the checkout will not help you be on time).

And that is my complaining about work for the week. I do hope you enjoyed.

But I do have more comments. Hopefully, complaints won't sneak in.

My grandmother Lala is recovering. On Thursday she was in a car accident, breaking both legs at the femur. Actually her right knee ball joint was completely shattered. She might not be able to walk again, but everyone is handling the situation extremely well. I have been to the hospital at least two times a day since she arrived (she is at Brackenridge).

Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers.

Good news: Chris and I were approved for a mortgage. Pre-approval is definitely a good thing to have when house shopping. We are going to be offering our landlord a price for the house on Wednesday after the foundation peeps come out. We also want to get the walls tested for lead paint too before we offer. I am going to have to do some major research on that in case we have to clean it up.

School is going well. I am going, so that is a start.

Anyways, as I stated earlier, I am exhausted. So I must stop typing for now. Tata.

Michelle

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home