Monday, October 16, 2006

The joy of imperfections in relationships

So, I have been a bitch the past couple of weeks towards my husband. I am getting better, in fact, almost a complete turn around was done this weekend. Mainly due to a GREAT session I had with De. Damn, that woman is amazing. She pulls stuff out of my mind I had no idea was even there.

But then I was upset with my friends and I let it show. Immediately, I felt bad about letting it out towards them. But then I realized something, a good friend's relationship is really not that much different from a spousal relationship. Obviously, there are a few glaring differences, but all relationships (especially long term) need to be constantly worked on. And if I can't show my irritation with some of my closest and dearest friends, then I would be holding out on them. Things can't be perfect, happy go lucky all the time. Plus, my irritation stemmed from not getting to see them. That should be flattering enough as it is.

My only free evening this week, tonight, is going to be spent driving to San Marcos to re-sign on the car, apparently they didn't give me the correct paperwork. So, I am going to ask them to clean the car (the rain!) and fill her up. I think I am entitled to that.

Other than that, I work every night this week and then have Sat and Sun off. And I got Chris and I on a tour of our favorite local brewery. Whoo hoo. One week from today is our 2 year anniversary. Already.

Peace,
Michelle

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home