Thursday, September 21, 2006

Humph.

I had a nightmare. I was a witch living with two other witches in this huge house. But there was an evil spirit present who had very great powers. For some reason, something else really horrific was going on the in the world and everybody was coming for refuge at my house. Unfortunately, the evil spirit had an appetite for blood. She lured my friends and family into TVs where they died in a movie setting. She conjured them to run into trees, where they would literally run into the trees and be suffocated. Sometimes, she just went after them with a chainsaw or axe when they wandered alone in the house.
She didn't kill everyone and we stayed huddle in the living room while I desperately tried to think of a way to overcome her. We all knew I was the most powerful of the witches, but for some reason, my magic wasn't working that great. Anytime I tried to vanquish the evil spirit, she just laughed. It scared me.

Then I woke up due to an alarm clock and the unresolved dream left a bad taste in my mouth. I tried falling back asleep and going back into the dream, but it had vanished by that point and the next thing I am dreaming about is being at a neighbor's house (a neighbor that doesn't really exist) and then running home in the rain through some woods that in reality are behind my parent's house in Wimberley.

So, frustrated, I was torn from sleep again by an alarm clock, this time my husband as he didnt' have a bus pass for this morning's commute and I had to take him into work. Plus I was frustrated on the perceived lack of help from some household members in keeping up with laundry and dishes (ahem, Brandy).

All this to say, I feel like that little kid in that children's book about having a no good, horrible, etc...day. Sigh, and it is only 9AM.

But the good things: I am still going to class, regardless of how my morning started, which given my history, is good. Also, I am meeting with De today and my sister is going to come over for dinner tonight.

Which reminds me, I haven't planned what we are having for dinner yet. Damn.

Wish me luck,
michelle

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home