Sunday, April 30, 2006

The longest week ever...

Probably not though. I can remember a couple of weeks (separate incidents) that wer longer. One was the week before graduating high school, the other was the week I was to go home from Germany and then move to Waco. Another was the week before my wedding.

But all those were "I can't wait for this week to be over so I can get to the happy event!" weeks. This week was hell. Hell because I couldn't get out of bed although I had so much to do. I think the garage sale did not make as much money because I didn't work hard enough. I am sick and twisted, right?

But, at the same time, I realize there is hope, goodness and time will heal this unrest in my soul. And that is a good thing.

I also feel another kind of unrest. An restlessness feeling with work, with the lack of school, with the lack of time for doing things I really want to do...like buy some land, build a house, grow our own food, milk our own goats, gather eggs from our own chickens, build a fire in a woodstove, all alongside of Chris and friends. But how realistic is this goal? Taxes, mortgages, student loans...the system is designed to keep you from your true freedoms. Sure, there are ways and there have been lots of people to escape. Which is awesome and inspiring. I better stop before I get too frustrated again.

I want to ask God for my assignment. I want for her to answer in a direct and clear manner. But she might be setting things up for me and I might have to wait a while and I might not even know when she is answering. Damn. I have little to no patience.

Break is over.

Michelle

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home