Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Spring. Is. Almost. Here!!

Although it feels like it is here in full force right now and has been for a while, it is officially almost here! Whoopee!
That means I can plant, ride around on my bike more, get ready for swimming season...I don't think I have ever been this excited for spring before.

THe Co-op garden is still humming along, although barely. It's a little disorganized and nobody showed up the week before and sometimes I just want to say, you know let's just throw it out the window and if you wanna come over and help, cool. But making it official when nobody really chips in or even emails me back is really frustrating.

I have tomorrow off and I super-duper excited. I am going to run, workout at the gym, do dishes and laundry and then ride bikes and hang out with friends. Excited.

I hope tomorrow is as beautiful as today is.

Good news:
The plumbers came out and assessed the water seepage in one of the bedrooms. It has been leaking, un-noticed, for a couple of weeks now and the carpet and wall are ruined. But the plumbers fixed the leak, the insurance should be out tomorrow or Friday, write us a check for estimate damage, and then Chris and my dad can do the repairs and we might have enough left over for bamboo wood floors in that room. Cool. I am handling it all pretty well. Just like an adult and not freaking out that much.

Other good news I might have forgotten to mention: we put a deposit down on the bamboo wood floors from a local store a couple of weeks ago. When we get our tax refund, we will purchase them completely and install them, hopefully over spring break. We are planning on putting it in the living room. For those of you who don't know about bamboo wood floors: it looks just like hardwood but it is normally a little cheaper, and it comes from a re-newable source since most bamboo species can grow up to a foot a day. And bamboo is good feng shui.

Holy moly, my fingers are cold in this office!

We watched an old movie last night called Ikiru. It was good. It was about a man who learns that he has stomach cancer and only about six months to live. So, he slowly wakes up from his mundane life and re-discovers passion. But it is done in a very slow and unexpected way. And the man is a little creepy, which a character states in the movie, which I was glad that at least they were doing it on purpose.

Tomorrow night, when I am not working, we are watching Requiem for A Dream. I haven't seen it! So, don't spoil it for me. But I have been forewarned to brace myself.

Myself bracing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home