Thursday, March 09, 2006

Um, I don't mean to complain...what we got was great, but...

We need MORE rain!! Don't get me wrong. The five minute downpour that soaked my garden beds, sprouts, flowers, etc was great. The plants really appreciated it. They did. As did I.

But you see, we are in a drought still. And it is not even summer yet. I dread to think of what this summer might be like without several more downpours.

So, to whomever controls the fronts, the clouds, the pressures, and the rainfall: Can you send some more? I would really appreciate it.

Thankful for the rain teaser last night,
Michelle Gold (Eastside Austin TX)

If I could write a letter like that and actually send it, I would be happy. Do you think it would be run like the government? Where paperwork and bureaucratic systems would take forever to file, send to the appropriate department and then promptly lose the letter? I hope not. Because what about prayers? Aren't those like telegrams? Do they get filed? wouldn't it be cool if we could send heaven, the other side, the creator, the "big guy/gal upstairs" a singing telegram prayer? But not Madonna style from the movie "Blue in the Face", that would be rude.

Maybe we should have a rain dance. Can't hurt uh? Maybe God really wants us to liven it up a little bit. Shake our asses, uh? I don't think there is anything heathen about a rain dance. It'd show God that we are really, really desperate to have some rain, but we still love her and want to have a good time nonetheless!

Fortunately, we are not this bad yet.















But here is a cool artistic depiction of a rain dance I found on google image search:


I think, though, we should take a hint from these kid-dos and just let loose! I mean, just look at them! God has gotta be looking at them, saying "Ohh...all right. More rain is on the way...because you all are so darned cute!"

Oh man, does that mean we gotta hire these kids? Are we cute enough? Or will God see us dancing and say "Eewww..."


******************************************************************************************************************************

Geez. Did you think I was never going to stop talking about rain? Rain on the brain! Geez, golly Michelle! Shuddup already!

Anywho, gotta go to the dentist today to get some torture done on my teeth. So, rightio, I am off for that.

Groan...
Michelle

1 Comments:

At 10:34 AM, Blogger Ann said...

i love you and your dancing is definately cute enough.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home