Friday, January 07, 2005

My house: Where the Wild Things Are

Good day everyone.

I am hungry. I rode my bike to the library without even thinking about having lunch first and now here I am typing away with my stomach roaring at me. Hush you, I tell it. But it is still threatening to eat itself if I don't do something about it soon. Therefore, this will not be a long post like I originally planned. I keep meaning to write about the horror of the tsunami tragedy and how I feel nothing which makes me feel like something is wrong with me. And how happy I was that the place where I work has donated money, which made me feel okay for working for a corporaton for a moment.

I wanted to write about how I love being married and how wonderful our first Christmas was together. How I thoroughly enjoyed my time with my in-laws and how adorable and blessed my husband's sister and brother-in-law are with their two wonderful little girls (one is a very recent addition). To see some pictures: http://www.geocities.com/cathrynsundance/photoalbum19.html

But alas, I just don't have that kind of time. I was supposed to clean all day yesterday (on my day off) but instead I slept in and went off to play with a friend of mine. Now, I have more laundry to do and vaccumming to finish before 245 and here I am, typing away.

That is the reason for the subject line of this blog. Our house is a mess and I am just too tired all the time to care. And Chris is the same way, although I suspect being tired doesn't have anything to really do with it.

My birthday is in a couple of weeks (Jan.25th) and for some reason, as with New Years, I am not looking forward to it as much I thought I would be. I have always had a feeling that this year, 2005, was going to be a great year for me. Well, I got married last year. So does that mean in thinking 2005 is going to be a great year, I am saying my wedding day is not significant. No. But somehow, because of that wonderful event happening last year, it has taken away some of those feelings about 2005 I had. Am I crazy? Yes. I am looking forward to being 24 though. Although I realized recently that I am never going to be this young again. A simple idea really. But it really hit me recently. I thought, "wow, I will never feel this young again. Just like I will never feel like I am 21 again...which is already 3 years away." Where did the time go? When did it start going faster?

Not that it makes me sad. I am just contemplating.

Anyways, my stomach has teamed up with my blood sugar now and I must get some food in me.

Have a great day everybody!
Michelle

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home