Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Laziness

I think that is what it comes down to. I think Chris and I motivate each other in the area of laziness. We get home and the only thing we want to do is sit on the couch together. It doesn't help, either, that when one of us gets the cleaning bug, the other one is very tired and unmotivated.

Today, though, I am going to try something new. I think I might buy an egg timer and when we get home, set it for 15 or 20 minutes and pick one area to work on. When the timer is up, then we can go back to being lazy. But for those 15 minutes, we will have to clean. Do dishes, put away clothes, take out the trash. And really, when you think about it, 15 minutes is not that long of a time. The trick will be to do it right when we get home, BEFORE we sit on the couch. Once we sit on that stupid futon (which makes you sink lower and lower, horrible for the posture) we are gone. Gone into the land of I-just-wanna-sit-here-and-stare land.

And if we do 15 minutes of cleaning, picking up every day, then our mess will be lighter and lighter until we are just spot cleaning, right?

I will let you know how it goes tomorrow. Of course it is 630 in the morning and I might very well forget by tonight. Oh, you make me...promises, promises...

How do you get stuff done when you are feeling lazy? Maybe you don't feel lazy? Maybe you are already super neat to begin with and in that case, I stick my tongue out at you.

I would love some tips, encouragement and rude gestures if you got some!

1 Comments:

At 10:05 AM, Blogger poshdeluxe said...

i think the egg timer is a great idea. personally, i don't let myself sit down until i've done the dishes, put stuff away, etc. cos, like you, once i sit down and turn on a movie or reach for a book, it's over.

i think cleaning in quick bursts is the most effective method. that way, it's not so overwhelming.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home