Thursday, March 20, 2008

Um.

Hello.

Well, I am at a loss today.

Nothing really interesting going on.

Well...there is some drama at the winery I work at sometimes here in north Texas, but since I work there ever once in a while and this is officially my last week to help out there, I am not concerned.

I do feel sorry for some of the employees there because they work so hard and they are getting screwed. Basically, the boss has set up this cash drawer count down system that punishes you for little mistakes. It doesn't matter if it's your first mistake either.

Look. Let me tell you, from the experience of 6 years of working as a cashier at Whole Foods, everybody will make a mistake at one point. And if there is a problem, then you track the problems and deal with them as they arise. You don't punish your loyal employees by making them take cash from their own pocket to balance the till.

If you are that concerned about it, Mr. Winery Owner, then you need to 1)actually train your employees that you hire; 2)have someone who will be held responsible for the drawer the only one messing with the register and 3) treat your employees with respect.

That's right. I said it. R-E-S-P-E-C-T. Like the song. Com'on, you know how it goes, I see your shoulder starting to move to the rhythm.

Anyways, because of the pressure and hostile work environment he has created, there is now conflict between some of the employees. But that was bound to happen since some of them are just waiting for drama. Some are just drawn into it as well. They like repeating things, they like texting instead of dealing issues face to face. What can I say? We all know people like that.

But I am not involved! Yay! And by blogging about it here does not mean I am talking about people behind their back, I would say all these things to anybody if they asked or really ticked me off. But for this week, my last week there, I am going to keep my mouth shut, enjoy the quaintness of the downtown McKinney square and serve the wine I really don't like very much.

1 Comments:

At 9:48 AM, Blogger poshdeluxe said...

ugh, i hate workplace drama (although it does give people something salacious to talk about, which is better than what i can say typically about work, which is "uh, yeah, it was... you know, whatever."). but at least you're not involved! la la la!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home