Monday, May 15, 2006

Boy, it ain't ever easy...

well, the past two weeks were rough. I didn't exercise. I didn't clean much (although I did get some stuff done last thursday) and I certainly didn't feel very good about myself.

Then, I showered.

And it was glorious. I imagined all the heaviness of depression was being washed right off. I watched it go down the drain and my heart jumped a tiny bit with victory.

I saw D today. We talked about the past two weeks, what I can when I start sliding next time, and what I can about school.

Here is what she said, after I told her I hadn't gone to see an adviser about my academic warning because parking is ridiculous. "Well, you have free parking here. Can you walk there? Right after you are done here, walk over to the adviser's office and see what you can do about your hold."

The simplicity of it. I love it.

So that is what I did.

Except my hold is not really a hold but an ultimatum. I have to get my course completion ratio to 50%. Right now I have completed 10 hours and registered for 32. So, basically, with a little math, one can figure that I am too far gone to do that. If I take 6 hours and complete them, that means adding 6 to the 32 totaling 38. So, my 16 hours of completion would still be four hours short. I am on the course completion treadmill. there is no realistic way to catch up.
How did it get this way? Well, ACC, last semester, changed their system. And I fell through the cracks. Academic warning means you have one shot to bring it back up or you wait for two semesters and then get put on probation, which is better because you can still take classes and slowly rebuild your academic career.
But I am on somewhat of a time constraint since Chris might be going to school next year and I would like to have finished school before I have a kid, which means before I am thirty. So, that gives me five years. Five years to rebuild the academic career, transfer and then graduate. That might take me four years. So, I need to get started now.

My adviser was great though. She is on the advising committee who is meeting today to review cases such as mine. So, the good scenario: they review my case and put me on probation.

The bad scenario: They review my case. They say no and withdraw me from the Summer 1 class I signed up for. Then, I have to see whether I need to wait out just the summer since I already waited out the spring, or if they view summer as a freebie, then I would have to wait out the fall too.

So, please pray and send good thoughts my way. I am hoping for probation because I mean business this time. I want to be successful in school and now, I have to fight for it. Which probably shows how serious I am.

Thank you.
Michelle

1 Comments:

At 11:38 PM, Blogger Ann said...

I love how formally you ended this post. And I will take you seriously and hold you accountable to finishing classes if you want. I'm proud of you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home