Friday, February 08, 2008

2008

This has been a rough year thus far.

There's the not being in our beloved community issue. Money issue. House issues. Money issues. Did I mention that one already?

I am surviving, but I am wondering how much more I can actually take before I switch off and crawl into bed, trying to escape? I mean, it really is one thing after the other. If it's not the electrical, it's Molly's TV while the electrical is being fixed! If it is not rent, it's the two other bills I forgot about! If it's not financial aid issues, it's school supply issues.

I mean, thanks God for helping me conquer depression at the moment, but good God, why are you testing me so? I feel like Job. Except without the boils and sitting on a pile of ashes. And I know there are those who are a lot worse off than I am. I mean, there are people who don't even have a roof or anything to eat. And while I always know we will better off than most, I still can't help but feel rained upon with problems until I feel like I am about to drown.

What do you do when things take a turn for the worse? I was hoping to get held by my husband when I got back from my trip to the vineyard, but he was sick and he was the one who needed attention.

At first, I was so numb I couldn't even feel. I couldn't cry. I just forged on. Then another piano dropped on our heads and I cried furiously.

I just needed to vent. I don't have any girlfriends up this way and I am just horrible on the phone.

We will be all right, I know this, but I feel better getting it off my chest.

So, today I am working from 445AM to 2PM. A long shift. I also forget to bring enough to eat with me. I will just have to deal with that when 1230pm rolls around. Then tomorrow I am working 9-3pm, going into the winery and doing some homework with the equipment there, and then working 6-1230am. At least I will get to sleep in tomorrow.

Sunday is our day off together. If we make enough cash on Saturday, then we will drive about 30 minutes towards the lake to go hiking again. If we don't make enough cash to cover the drive, then we maybe we will just play bocce at the park...that's free!

I also plan on cleaning the house Sunday. I think that will help me feel better and more productive around the house. I need to finish a co-worker's arm warmers and get started on some other projects. Mainly I want to re-learn how to sew and learn how to use the serger. I want to make some cute aprons to put in Alicia's store.

If you are ever in the Waco area, you have to go check out her store: Harts N Crafts.
It's awesome. There are so may cute gift ideas. Here is a poster illustrated by Alicia's husband, Aaron Sacco:


So, that's a good note to end this post.

Like I said, we will be fine. I just needed to rant a little bit. Thanks for reading.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home