Thursday, February 21, 2008

Staring

Today is gray. The sky is gray, the pavement, the grass, the drizzle and the steam rolling off the road. It's all gray. Even the music as I sit here in the "cafe" at Hastings is gray, alternating between a lonesome, heartbroken girl songs to sad Christian music.

I stare at the papers and books in front of me. I read a sentence, but not really. I glance over the sentences, not really ingesting them as glossing them over with my eyes.

I sigh.

I re-read about sugar in juice and wine. I re-read about how refractometers work (the light beam changes directions when going through a different medium, like say sugar and water from the juice of a grape) and hydrometry (where the density of the sugars in juice/wine is compared to the density of sugar in a solution, a weight to weight ratio).

I re-read about the lab procedure I failed to do yesterday because I needed details and I was too lazy and out of it just to do the calculations myself and change the procedure up a bit.

Today is gray. My mind is gray.

I guess associate gray with the lack of feeling, numbness. I am trying to numb part of myself today because I forgot to pack a lunch, forgot my money and forgot that Chris was taking the car, meaning I have to hang out in this shopping center until 330. If I can numb and not move a lot, then maybe I can numb the hunger pains and the spacey feeling I get when my blood sugar is low.

Thus, this melancholy blog.

I apologize, I will try to post something of a more upbeat nature very soon.

Until then, I am going to resume watching steam rise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home