Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Yes.

As you can see, I am going over some mantras in my head this morning as I wait for my Botany class to begin.

It rained a little this morning. I don't know if there is more on the way, I sure do hope so. Many people have started thinking about fall gardening and started asking me about the co-op and the garden.

The garden is dead.

I didn't have the energy, time nor money to do the upkeep this summer. It would have included weeding like crazy in the heat, watering every other day and shooting up our utility bill and watching the garden die anyway. Something I definitely didn't want to deal with.

The Mosaic Co-op Garden is undergoing some changes. We might become a more mobile group, moving from satelitte site to site, helping people with their own gardens and helping communities and neighborhoods to get more involved. I think this change is necessary and a good thing.

Chris and I worked out last night and then I went this morning before heading here to campus. Here is my goal: I have always wanted to eat at this restaurant here in town called Wink. My goal is to lose 10 lbs by October and if I do, then Chris and I will go eat at Wink.

My next goal is to treat myself to some new running shoes if I lose 20 lbs by the end of the year. The new shoes will definitely be needed by then.

How will I strive to attain these goals? I am going to avoid eat refined sugar, workout at least four days a week (even if all I am doing is cardio), walk with Brandy more and try to cut down on the beer/wine intake, which I have already started doing and it's good. It's simple really, just don't keep it around the house. Same for sugar.

Anyways, keep praying for rain, praying for Ginny to get a job in her field and for me to get in shape and lead a more healthy lifestyle.

Thanks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home