Monday, August 07, 2006

Hey! I drove through New York!

I was so close to my friend Bill but a detour was not in the itenerary (spelling, like hello?!) so I couldn't make a surprise visit to Bill. Although, that would have been v. v. cool had I shown up at his door out of the blue.

We left Cape Cod today and I drove through the following states: Rhode Island, Connecticut, New York, and New Jersey. Ginny drove through all the other states, ie: Mass, Delaware (yawn) and Maryland and DC.

Now we are less than a mile from the Pentagon. Creeepyyy.

Tomorrow we pack the cah. Yup, I typed it like that. I typed cah. So, what are you gonna do 'bout it?

Anyways, errands and packing. Ginny is getting stressed, so we are drinking wine at the moment. Please send good thoughts our way over the next couple of days as we pack and head out for Texas.

I already miss the ocean and the Nantucket Sound. But I can't wait to get back to my home, however messy it may be. Ginny and I have big plans for the fall and winter as far as gardening and yard stuff goes. We are going to add granite gravel around the garden beds to help with weeds, put in a drip irrgation system, build a cold frame, plant vetch and alfalfa while the beds rest, double dig and add compost and manure and build a chicken coop and run for spring chickens. I am excited, I think Ginny living with us will be good for me as she is a highly motivational person. She always makes me want to do stuff, whether it is gardening, sewing or riding my bike. I lurve her.

It is kind of weird being in DC. I saw the capital from afar and shrugged. The Texas Capital is bigger (it is) and I really just didn't care about all the hubbub and government agencies that go on there. At one time in my life I would have been drooling to be this close to DC but now I just wished I had embroidered a shirt that says something clever or witty, I am too tired right now to actually think of one. Got any suggestions?

Oh! Ginny and I also have big plans on doing more outdoorsy type things, like hiking, visiting state parks, etc. Super. Excited.

Oh! And Happy Birthday to Joy Kusek, one of my most favorite person on the planet. You are dearly loved by me and Ginny with a G and we can't wait to see you and your shawls.

Ummm...So I guess I will go now. But one more thing: Please send prayers and good thoughts towards Tyler, Texas to my in-laws. My father-in-law, Noble, is dealing with some surgery stuff soon and I am sure will appreciate any extra good thoughts directed his way. If you have met this famous Noble character, you will know that he is very strong and can handle any foe with ease, but you also know that he loves any extra help, prayers included. Just something to keep in mind.

Austin! I will be home soon! To bake in your plus 90 weather, to flip flop down to the refreshing Barton Springs, to ride my bike to Barflys and to see all my lovely friends again.

Ci vediamo,
Michelle

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home