Friday, July 14, 2006

Romance in the Time of the Runs

Or at least that is the title of Love in the Time of Cholera according to Chris. I am re-reading it. It's funny though, because i have re-read almost every book I own about three or four times. But this is only my second re-read for Marquez's book and I got it about three years ago.

Anyways, there was a line that clicked on a switch in my head. I think it might help me. I am growing older and will never again be young.

Obvious. I know.

But truthfully, we don't get a second chance to be 10,18 or 25 again. I think this sudden realization (obvious, I know) might help me with my depression. I have already spent three years not living up to my full potential or at least living every day. I know it is impossible to live everyday to its fullest, life happens. But I can be happy that I am alive and enjoy my youth, enjoy my time with Chris before we have kids, and stop moping about the past. It's the past!

Now that I am writing this down, it seems to common sense, so obvious, I know!! I know!

But at the same time, we get caught up in so much junk, shit, and life. Drama drags us down and we are unable to enjoy the sun, the air, each other.

Another good thing: I love my husband more and more each day. Is this possible? I didn't think love could grow and transform this way. I lurve it.

Peace,
michelle

1 Comments:

At 8:25 PM, Blogger Ann said...

good blog. good thoughts. good perspective. i love that you love him more.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home