Friday, May 19, 2006

After all that...

After all that ranting and explaining about my ACC status, i forgot to pay the bill yesterday and now I will be dropped from the class.

Damn.

Damn damn damn

I can still probably re-register, with credit card on hand. But after the hour of sitting with the counselor, I now have to call her back up, recall my image from her memory and get her to re-register me.

LE SiGh.

And right now, there is tequila running through my system.

And I saw a guy I went to high school with today and felt mildly ashamed that I am a cashier at Whole Foods. Oh, the plans and dreams people had of me when I graduated high school. But little did they know how little I knew of myself. I only pretended I was going to go somewhere far and fabulous. I only pretended I had grandiose dreams. What dreams? I just wanted to get the hell out of Wimberley and away from home. (No offense, mom).

But I guess I did so in an okay way. After all, i didn't get knocked up during or right after high school. I experienced the college life. I fell in love a couple of times. I have been skinny dipping, a lot. I met a man who loves me, takes care of me and makes me strive to be a better person everyday. I own a house and ride my bike. I buy locally grown food. I love my friends. So, I guess, even if I am just a cashier at Whole Foods, I am not that ashamed.

This was the thought process I had while conversing with a high school alum of mine.

And I smiled.

1 Comments:

At 11:38 PM, Blogger Ann said...

and i smiled too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home