Saturday, July 08, 2006

Brandy and me

Brandy went to the vet yesterday. We woke up in the morning to see one of her usual perky ears (Husky style ears) floppy. It was actually a little cute, but don't tell brandy that.

Anyways, Chris made an appointment and took her in to find she a hemotoma in her ear and it might always be floppy. But that wasn't it: she has arthritis in her back legs, we need to get bloodwork done for her because her gums are really pale which might indicate a tumor or amnemia, but the doc didn't say anything about her cataracts, which I guess is good news.
In other words, our beloved Brandy is getting old. She is about ten years old now. So, we are going to start giving her extra care.

As for me, I need to give myself some extra care. I had a good couple of weeks where I was going to the gym regularly and eating healthy. But then it slid all downhill. So I need to re-commit because it occurred to me today that NOW is the time to get and maintain being healthy. If I don't reform my bad habits now, it will be harder to do so in the future. And I Don't want on-set diabetes. I don't want to pass on body and self esteem issues to my kids. I don't want to be able to run after my kids. Granted, we are not having kids for a couple of years now, but as stated above, NOW is the time.

Whine. It is hard to change habits that taste so good, like chocolate parfait. Hell, like chocolate in general!

Lordy.

Michelle

1 Comments:

At 9:17 PM, Blogger Ann said...

You can do it!

and tell Brandy I lurve her...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home