Monday, June 05, 2006

I felt like I was in Junior High

So, there are these beautiful, smart and funny women I have known for a while. I want to be better friends with them, but time never worked out and then, they joined the "mommy club".

Seriously. Everyone says they won't be like this when they get married or pregnant, but last night, I was getting restless during church and wanted to go out in the hallway, where lo and behold, there were some of said above women. I joined them for a little while, but felt out of place. I didn't have a baby slung to my hip or even inside of me. I felt like I was intruding. (Steph, I know you are laughing at my ridiculousness right now) But it is true! So, I joined Kim at the entrance to church so I could still talk and participate. But I kept glancing over my shoulder, watching the mommies talk.

It's true! You can't deny that if you are not a mommy or pregnant that it is awkward hanging around a bunch of them. They talk about things you can't relate to, they share andectotal stories and advice. I am glad that mommies have other mommies to bond, but I can't help but feel left out.

Now I feel like a jerk for blogging about it. But I want to always be honest on my blog.

On another note (this inspired by Steph), I was so rude to my hubby last night. Right after I said the horribly rude remarks, I thought "Good God! I can't believe I actually said something so mean!" And I kind of apologized right afterwards, but then we went into a friends house and then went home and crashed from exhaustion. So, we really didn't get to talk about it. Maybe tonight.I hate being mean and sometimes I feel like it just pours out of me before I can stop it. And unfortunately it seems like our life partners get the worst of it.


And I slept in way too long this morning. Blah.

Oh well, I think I am going to try and make it a good day regardless.

Ciao,
Michelle

2 Comments:

At 5:03 PM, Blogger Ann said...

yea. always plan for a good day. and i know exactly how you feel. on both issues.

 
At 11:57 PM, Blogger Steph said...

man, i had always hoped i wouldn't be one of *those* mommies that talked about diapers. but, alas. babies wear diapers and i talk about it. sorry you feel left out. sometimes i feel left out and i am supposedly part of this mommies group. ;) what i'd really like to do is talk about gardening with you. can we do that sometime? i'd really enjoy that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home