Thursday, September 01, 2005

Ci vediamo, buen amica.

Tuesday was the day I found out. She leaned over the ice and staring dead fish and told me.
I didn't react.
I couldn't react.
What? was all I could muster.
She repeated herself.
"My transfer went through. I am moving to DC in a week or so."
One of my best friends, and I don't have many, is leaving. It is a very hard situation as I know the move is better for her. But this is the girl who showed me how wonderful and important it is to have girlfriends. This is the girl who got me addicted to biking. This is the girl who has dance moves that make me stare in awe at her. This is my best friend. And she is leaving.But she must. There is nothing for her here in texas as she has a wildlife major and wants to be on the ocean all the time. And I know this and am excited for her. I am, truly. Also sad. Not just for me, but for my other friends who have her as a best friend. But it is what it is.

I missed my Botany class this morning. I didn't mean to. I overslept and I am riding my bike full time now, so I couldn't just arrive late. I would be so late that class would be over. I feel bad as I really like this class. But I am also nervous because today was our lab-safety course day and I might not be able to take the class now. Crap. Now I am even more nervous haven written it. I will keep you updated. Never fear, kind reader.

ciao,
michelle

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home