Monday, June 13, 2005

When is creepy just too creepy?

This morning, after reading and doing stuff online, I went to the bus stop and waited for my ride for school. Then, this man of about 5'4 with sunglasses on (an overcast morning mind you), came staggering up to the bench without ever taking his eyes off of me. Okay, this I can handle, I thought. So, while he is pushing for conversation, I answer politely and continue to turn away from him in order to catch of glimspe of my long-overdue bus. He talks, questions, slides his leg over so our kneecaps are touching. Okay, this is getting a little weird, I say to myself. But then again, I am a weirdo magnet and have handled situations like this before. Finally, my bus arrives. But as I get up to flag it down, so does he. Shit! I say under my breath. Then, he holds out his hand,. Whew, a handshake is no prob. Then he spreads out his arms inviting me into a hug...into a very very creepy hug in which he puts his nose into the crevice of my neck and inhales very loudly and very very deeply. Instantly, I pull away while he mutters something to me in Spanish as I leap from five feet away from the curb into the bus. Once seated on the bus as it moves safely away from Mr. Creep-o, I proceed to attack my neck with the back of my hand as if removing an unwanted bug or goosebumps that might be contaminated.

What in the hell?!!

I didn't ask for my neck to be inhaled! Nor for a hug. Damn, I pretty much ignored him the whole time except for my short responses. So, I wondered as I rode the bus to school, fighting the feeling that I had been violated in some weird way, how do I tell creeps to go off and shove it? It seems to me that a creep is a creep and will always be so, therefore, nothing i can do will work. It will either A) edge him/her on B)make him/her pissed and only retaliate or C) they will transform into gigantic cockroaches and eat my head.

Yuck. Reliving that whole story made me feel naseous again.

On a plus side, I am making an A in my spanish class. Only two more weeks left!

Michelle

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home