Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Rainy days

It is raining outside. And not the quick thunderstormy kind but the overcast and pour for 30 minutes straight. Big fat drops. A steady and cleansing beat. The kind of rain I used to play in as a child. That I would still like to play in but for the fact that I am a grown-up and care about getting my clothes soaked, my hair matted to my face, and my mascara running down my face (if I happen to be wearing it, which I usually am when it starts raining...it is kind of like when it rains after people wash their car kind of thing for me, only with mascara)...

But why is there something so theraupeutic about the rain? Is it the way in which it falls? Is it because I live in Texas and it just gets so damned hot, that rain is a welcome relief? Or is it because I am glad I don't have to water the garden and let the rain take care of it?

Who knows?

When the weather is like this though, I want some tea, hand-made crochet socks, a long tee, a huge comforter in a huge chair and to read a book or watch a movie. Preferably something heavy with a love twist in it...like "Remains of the Day" or English Patient....

But alas. I must work today. And I don't own a huge chair and if I did, it would be covered in items from around the house as we are still in the process of re-decorating our living room.

Sigh. I still love rainy days though.

Smiles,
Michelle

3 Comments:

At 3:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with you on that, Mich. We should all have a "Puddle Party" one of these days- Go out and play in the rain, get good and muddy & wet, then take a big hot group shower (hehe) and cuddle up under one GIANT blanket in our warmest socks and sweats. I'll bring the tea. :)

 
At 10:25 PM, Blogger Steph said...

quoting Elaine in Seinfeld, "Come on! I mean give me something I can use. Sex in a bathtub?! That doesn't work!" about the English Patient.

 
At 8:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you are alone, call this number 800-211-9293. Connect with Real Singles from your local area instantly for only $0.99/min with a $4.99 connection fee. A true Match is only one phone call away 800-211-9293. Meet people with common interests and desires now. Check it out. 800-211-9293

 

Post a Comment

<< Home