Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Focus

So, I went to my monthly midwife appointment. It went well, I met with another midwife who I didn't really like as much as the others ones I met with, but she was nice enough. I did gain 6 pounds though. In one MONTH. And when you consider my goal weight for the whole thing is 25 pounds, 6 pounds is a lot.
 
I know where I went wrong though. I did indulge a little too much on the snacks and vanilla milkshakes. But I also went from walking a mile to a bus stop and standing on my feet for 8 hours to sitting in a chair for 8 hours. And I was still eating the same as I did when I led that very active lifestyle.
 
So, now I need to re-adjust. I do have to watch the sweets and I have to get the lead out. I need to start moving. I walked twice already this week and lifted weights once. That's a start.
 
But damn. I thought I was doing so good.
 
Other than that, the baby's heartbeat sounds good and everything we did see at the ultrasound looks healthy. We go back next week for another one since the face and the front of the heart could not been seen from the baby's position.
 
And I still feel so completely utterly un-prepared.
 
I am at a total loss about diapers, daycare...well, those are the two main ones. We want to do cloth diapers. Yes. Yes, I know. They use water. But they also don't stick around in a landfill for 1000 years and, yes, there are some made of biodegradable corn stuff. But mass farming corn is just as bad for the environment and hello! It's food. There are people starving throughout the world and we have the audicity to put food in our cars and in our packaging. Humph.
 
I digress.
 
So there are services that pick up the dirty ones and drop off the cleans ones and financially speaking, I think it works out to be a pretty good deal.
 
But what if the little tyke is in daycare? Do daycare centers handle cloth diapers?
 
And then there is the question of daycare itself. As in: WE CAN'T AFFORD IT. So, what do we do then?
 
These two main thoughts are constantly with me, swimming somewhere in the back of my brain, occasionally surfacing.
 
Then there is the house issue (needs constant improving) and the commute issue (needs constant improving) and you can see why i would reach for that vanilla milkshake.
 
Instead, though, I am trying to take those worries and use them to fuel my walking. We'll see how that goes.


It's the same HotmailĀ®. If by "same" you mean up to 70% faster. Get your account now.

1 Comments:

At 9:31 AM, Blogger poshdeluxe said...

gah, i can totally understand why you reach for that vanilla milkshake!

in fact, i really want one now. mmm milkshake.

even though i'm currently a peter pants, i do want to have kids (FAR in the future), so i greatly appreciate yr insight on the dilemmas faced by new moms... diapers, day care, weight, etc. it's so much!!

and yet, there's so much happiness and joy and excitement, too.

and the bottom line is that you're going to be an awesome mom. about THAT, i have no doubt.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home