Thursday, February 05, 2009

Update-y things

Well, I am 5 months. Officially 19 weeks on Saturday. I am starting to show, but the roundness isn't quite there yet and I can't wait for it to get there because now it just looks like two big bulges from maybe eating too much pizza.

I go today to the ultrasound appointment where they look at the babe's brain, heart, spinal cord, and ...um...the other vital organs (I am reluctant to name them on here because I don't want my page to get added to google search for certain words...). So we find out today if we are having Liam Noble Johnson or Laurel Katharine Johnson!

Yup, those are the names. Liam is a name I have always, always loved and connected to and Noble is Chris' dad's name. Laurel is my grandmother's name and Katharine is my great-grandmother (grandmother's mother) and my sister's name.

We certainly didn't mean both names to have the letter 'L' but it worked out that way. And we certainly didn't mean to have a baby L and a kitty Lucy. Too many Ls!

Not really.

I have felt some movements that I suspect were baby bumpings but I am not sure and I haven't felt anything from the outside yet. I hope that changes soon too although I am not looking forward to getting kicked in the ribs. But ah well, not much one can do about it.

I will post pictures soon. I took some at my birthday of the belly and when I get the ultrasound stuff today,I will try to post those as well.

Other than all that, things are going well. I have only gained 5lbs during my entire pregnancy so far (I am hoping to keep it around 20lbs when all is said and done, but I am trying not to worry about it too much as well). I have been getting hungry about every two hours and I try to eat healthy stuff and lots of greens. Although I still have a little trouble digesting them smoothly.

House stuff is all right. I have someone from the City of Austin investigating who did work in our yard several years ago, it still smells from what we suspect is a leaky wastewater line. It is very frustrating because it creates this awful smell in the house too.

My family is helping us with the last bedroom this March where we will replace the window with a more efficient double-pane, low-E glass window, re-wire the room, put up a new ceiling fan, new sheetrock, new baseboards and trim and finally, new paint. Then it will be all ready to start acquiring stuff for the babe.

Then we just need to finish some minor details on the hallway floor, replace the old laminate flooring with new laminate, and then do some major cleaning ALL OVER THE HOUSE. I am talking about doors, cabinets, major scrubbing of the wood floors...I am going to be enlisting my friends and family who are known for their cleaning, work and motivation skills to help me on that project (ahem, Ann, G'ma, Katie and my mom).

And then there's the small, everyday realizations that Chris and I are going to be parents. The Cool! moments and the Ohmygod! moments.

Speaking of Chris, he has been the best throughout the whole pregnancy. I mean, he was the best before but now, wow.

He cooks every meal, makes sandwiches for me, cleans the litter, takes out the trash, does dishes and laundry, lets me sleep while we could do other things...and still tells me I am beautiful.

And even with those two separate bulges I was talking about earlier, I feel beautiful. At times, pregnancy feels weird and uncomfortable,but on the whole, it is beautiful.

2 Comments:

At 6:22 AM, Blogger Ann said...

Little "L" pulled one over n you... or tucked it under... or something. I'm sorry you still don't know L's gender! Little stinker.

 
At 8:35 AM, Blogger poshdeluxe said...

michelle, i loved this post! i am so excited for you!

to be honest, pregnancy totally scares me, but yr entry made it seem actually kind of great. i'm so glad that you're feeling ok and that the baby is healthy.

i adore the names as well. can't wait to find out which L it will be!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home