Sunday, August 17, 2008

Things I have learned

These are a few things I have learned since working at the winery:

1. Winemaking is 60% cleaning things, 37% moving heavy things and 3% drinking beer.

2. Stainless steel can hurt your fingers, especially your fingertips. It doesn't matter if you thump them, bump them or tap them against stainless steel, it WILL hurt.

3. Muckmaster boots (aka waterproof boots) are awesome but will leave a semi-permanent mark around your calves and don't keep your feet from staying dry when they are sweaty.

4. Although some at the winery will argue this is the number one rule: Don't be a P---sy! (Although I think to myself whenever they say this: I have one, what does that mean? Anyways, I digress.)

5. If you try to explain to customers intricate processes, they will only remember about 1/4 of the information and then re-gurgitate some bullshit and therefore, make you look stupid. Let them stay ignorant until they actually want to learn more for learning more sakes and not looking to tidbits to throw into the next party convo.

6. I still have A LOT to learn.

7. I still have A LOT of spanish to learn.

8. I still have A LOT in the way of wine tasting and palate refinement to learn.

9. It doesn't matter what I do or wear, at the end of the day, I look haggard, tired, and I stink. At least though, there is a glow in my eyes that encourages me along this path.

10. There is no way possible to be pregnant and do this job. (Btw, I am NOT pregnant, just would like to have on sometime and trying to figure out how to do this while still doing what I love).

Those are the top ten right now. And I am sure there will be another top ten in a couple of months.

Thanks for reading!

2 Comments:

At 7:02 PM, Blogger Ann said...

okay.

A number One: you do not have a p--sy, you have a v-g.

B number Two: Sweet Jesus, please do not get pregnant yet. I will run out of money.

Love,
ann

 
At 10:06 AM, Blogger poshdeluxe said...

at least you've got the (slight) percentage of beer. at this point, i got 0%. unless you count getting drunk at lunch. which i have obviously never, ever, ever done.

i'm glad to have an update on my wine-making pants!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home