Tuesday, October 23, 2007

3 years

Today is our third year wedding anniversary.

And it's gorgeous outside. Bah!

If you weren't there or don't remember, the actual day was balmy, around 80 degrees and the river was flooded about ten feet as it rained about 5 inches in 6 hours.

But regardless, during the ceremony the sun broke through the clouds for the first time during that day and since our ceremony was barely 3 minutes long, that was a small time frame for the sun to plan that...so, yeah...
The reception was fun, the food was great and the drinks were perfect (beer and wine, hello?)

And each month, each year I love Chris more and more. I guess it helps that I married my best friend.

*************************************************************************************

On a different note: the news about Dumbledore.

Obvious.

But not.

I think we get so tied up by our definitions and what they should mean, like homosexuality for instance. Does being gay automatically place you in a box where you have to act a certain way, talk a certain way, react a certain way. I think the term gay, along with a lot of other definitions, are limiting.

Dumbledore was Dumbledore. A great wizard, but also a human being with the abilities to fall in love with another human being, make mistakes and try to make up for those mistakes. That is essentially what he tells Harry at the end of Book Seven. He made a mistake in himself, he turned out to fall in love with someone of immense power and knowledge and when he realized that, he spent his life trying to correct that.

Anyways, I try to think about things like that when I put people into boxes. Like "Dallas People" for example. Whenever I get a really rude customer who is demanding at the winery, I automatically mutter the phrase "Dallas People" under my breath. I noticed a difference, generally speaking, in the way people up here treat those in the service industry as opposed to those in Austin.

But I shouldn't do that. It's not fair for those who are from Dallas that I either haven't met yet or know already and they are good people.

But I am human and my need for placing limits on people is reactionary.

*************************************************************************************

On a different note: I made a perfect score (100) on my chemistry test.

Then, I went into lab and (I feel like) I bombed my lab mid term. Funny uh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home