Thursday, October 18, 2007

Labs

Tuesday afternoons these days are spent in a chemistry laboratory (emphasis on the laBORatory because I am a geek). These labs, although somewhat confusing at times, tend to help shed alittle light on what we are studying in class. A little. Not often, but it happens. Stick with me.

This past Tuesday was the lab day from hell, however. And it wasn't only me it was affecting but my lab partner as well. For some reason, our heads were in the clouds. First, I had a caffeine headache that was growing worse by the minute and blinding me to anything in my peripheral vision. That sure didn't help during a very calculated lab procedure.

Two times we tried to complete this lab.

Two times we failed.

Many times we cursed.

Thus, we had to go to an extra lab to re-start and complete the lab today. Thursday...my supposedly short day of school.

One time we tried to complete this lab.

We succeeded and it was so easy, we cursed again for our ignorance, bad moods and headaches on Tuesday.

I took a test in the lecture part of lab that I feel pretty good about but I am a little afraid that I feel good about it because that means there might be a lot of little mistakes that could get the whole problem wrong. What if I worked it out correctly but marked it down wrong on the test? What if I failed to read one decimal place and that makes the whole problem off?

Do I sound like Hermione? Yes, yes I do.

Anyways, all I have to worry about now is getting caught up in my online course (I hate online courses!) which is my viticulture class, finishing my enology quiz for the next weekend class and studying for my chemistry lab exam. What?! Lab! Again!

Groan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home