Tuesday, January 02, 2007

2007

The new year is here. Farewell 2006. You were a decent year. Actually it was a pretty good year. I could look back on it and think, "Oh, I didn't shape up like I was planning to or get organized or get out of debt" but I did make new friends, bring home old friends, swim in the Atlantic Ocean and see a wild grey seal, I did finally find a therapist who helping me turn my life around, finish a class and get an A in it. And, of course, I still have my health, my wonderful husband, and home. So 2006, thanks.

We had a New Year's party. It was a dress up party and it turned out to be a small gathering, but fun, nonetheless. Here are some shots from it:

Brandy even dressed up for the occassion.


Chris and I pose for our prom picture.



If you would like to see more, I posted most of them on our flickr site (flickr.com/photos/goldjohnson).

And I have decided to make resolutions this year. I decided to stop being indecisive and DO something. I think resolutions fit in nicely with that theme:

Make decisions and DO them...ie: Get my botany degree. No more of this going back and forth between botany and nursing. I started to think about nursing because I thought it would be more practical as I can make money doing it and almost always find work anywhere....but plants and nature excite me more than the science of animals...so I should do that. Who cares? Just get my damned degree and then worrying about making money.

Get more organized, in my home and with my studies

Work on getting out of debt

Workout more

Eat smaller portions to help with the next resolution

Lose weight to be healthier and lessen my chances of heart disease, breast cancer, and diabetes (all of which run in my family)

Love more

Forgive more

Dance more (cheesy I know)

Try to care less about what people think of me.

There. I think that might be all for now.

Much love,
Michelle

1 Comments:

At 1:48 AM, Blogger Chris Garcia said...

I love you guys' photos! All three of you look adorable.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home