Thursday, June 28, 2007

Cracked tomatoes

At first, I praised the rain. I danced, laughed, gasped and held my breath as it poured down.

But that was about two weeks ago and the rain, maybe because of all the attention I gave to it, is still coming down.

For two years we don't get any rain and then we get two years of rain in one month.

My tomatoes are cracking, they don't know when to stop drinking the water and take in so much that their little fruits burst with watery-tomatoey substance. They look like they are smiling at me.

The situation on moving is moving along slowly. Chris has gotten a job offer with Sherman, but as it's not final yet (we are making it final on Monday), I won't blog about it like it's official yet. Just another step.

I have registered for classes. I am taking Gen Chem I, College Algebra, Geology and then a PE class because i just needed one more hour to be full time.

Work at Whole Foods is getting more tense as I am ready to be done working there. I"ve already checked out essentially...no pun intended, I guess.

Work at the vineyard is great! Everytime I go, I learn something new from Madeline, who is fabulous. I work there Friday, Sat and Sunday this week. And even though it's a drive aways, it's so worth it as I learn a lot and it refreshes me.

Packing and moving stinks. We haven't had to do this in about 3 years and we really enjoyed staying in one place. On the other hand, we have acquired so much junk that we have to purge lest we lug it around for years.

Must get ready for work now. Cheers,
Michelle

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home