Thursday, August 09, 2007

Lazy

Hi.

Umm...how are you?


Good! No, that's great...I'm glad to hear it.

Yeah, yeah, I am fine, doing great.

Look...no, you go first...no you...I insist...

Well, okay.

I'll just come right out and say it. I'm sorry. So sorry for not keeping in touch with you.

I know! June 28th was a long time ago and especially with so much going on, I am sure you wanted to know how we were.

I'm back. Back in the saddle. The blogging saddle, if you will.

Oh, you won't.

Then fine. I am just in the saddle.

But before I go on and update you with what's going on, will you ever forgive me?

(Waits patiently)

Sigh, thank you.

Now, onto business.

We are here in Sherman. Chris got a job with Sherman ISD as a high school math teacher. Good pay, great benefits, etc...I finally figured out the school schedule system at GCC and dropped her previous classes and is now signed up for Gen Chem I, PRIN of Vinology, Prin of Enology and Winegrowing Regions of the world.

The classes should be interesting. The vinology one is an internet class. The Enology and Winegrowing classes are done seminar style whereas one meets Fri/Sat once a month and the other meets the following Sat/Sun once a month. The program is designed so people with regular jobs can just travel to this area over a couple of weekends a month and still get credits.

Well, since I want to be as holistic as possible in my studies, I also signed up for Gen Chem and next semester I plan on taking at least another chem and maybe a math course. I want to see how this semesters works out first though. If it happens that I have a lot of time on my hands then I will go ahead and sign up for one more class next time.

I will be working part time somewhere though. I am even thinking about Starbucks. I have heard that they love former employees of Whole Foods because our training systems are similar and, well, Whole Foods team members rock! Plus, if I did get a job at Starbucks, they offer benefits for part time and maybe I could do that instead of being on Chris'. We'll have to see which one works out to be cheaper.

We have moved in, but we are not completely unpacked yet. Our books sit sadly in their boxes, waiting for when we can afford a bookshelf to put them on.

But the duplex is cute. The living room is our favorite part of the house because of the vaulted ceilings and great light. Brandy seems to like it here, we take her on walks a lot. And it's so much easier to ride on a bike in a small town, especially when you live so close to the downtown area. It took us 2 minutes to get downtown and to the library. Awesome.

Must run, Tom Robbins calls.
love,
Michelle

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home