Thursday, September 22, 2005

Is there any water left?

People have been going crazy!

The time: last night
The place: natural/organic grocery store in Austin
The reason: Hurricane Rita

Now, I know this is a serious situation. I know. I know. However, I don't feel that Austin (on higher ground than the coast with hills to our backs) is going to be in any serious threat. Yeah, we will get some rains, maybe some high winds...but I don't feel like it is a life and death situation here. And it is kind of an insult to those who really did/are suffering still from Katrina for these crazies to run out and buy buy buy buy buy all the water, gatorade, canned goods, etc, that they can get their hands on.






Seriously, relax. All we can do now is help our neighbors who need help and read a book while the storm blows by outside. At least we have a roof over our heads, friends and family who love us and food in our pantry.


Some of the bus workers are on strike today and I am now unable to get to class. Hopefully, I can make it into work. I am planning on waiting for a bus and taking it, even if I am four hours early.
Ciao.
Michelle

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home